Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The opposite has been proposed

Remember when I got annoyed that folks in the Minnesota legislature had decided they needed to spend time proposing and debating an amendment to Minnesota's constitution banning same-sex marriage? Remember when I proposed the opposite? Turns out, someone did.

Well, ok, it's not a constitutional amendment, it simply seeks to repeal the law banning same-sex marriage that is already on the books (yes, there's already such a law, it's just not a constitutional amendment), and add gender-neutral language anywhere marriage is referenced in the law. So perhaps it's not exactly the opposite. And I doubt that there's much chance the bill authors took the idea from me. I further doubt it's going to pass. But you know what? I'm just glad someone did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment